Aspirating Smoke Detection systems have been available for well over twenty years. Advances in technology have allowed aspirating smoke detection to evolve from a niche, and very specialist, detection solution to a staple in the fire alarm industry.
Aspirating smoke detection (ASD) is one of the quickest and most reliable detection types on the market today. Based around a central detection unit, it uses powerful fans to draw samples of air from the protected area into a detection chamber, via a network of sampling pipes.
The air is typically filtered by a series of filters to remove any contaminants before it enters the chamber and is processed.
Once the smoke reaches the detection chamber, highly sensitive and precise detection elements, combined with a string of complex algorithms, analyse the sampled air for smoke particles.
Due to the unique ability of aspirating smoke detection to actively monitor samples of air, it can detect the presence of smoke even before it is visible to the human eye and is impervious to unpredictable airflows. Furthermore, its ability to differentiate between smoke and potential contaminants makes it one of the most reliable detection types available.
Aspirating smoke detection is well suited to a huge variety of applications. It can provide very early warning of fire in even the most challenging of environments, including the following applications:
CommercialCommercial properties vary in size but can be simple single room properties to larger buildings spanning multiple floors. Either way, they often contain valuable equipment and/or stock and can regularly welcome staff and visitors onto the premises. Therefore, it is essential that an efficient and reliable fire alarm system, that is suited to commercial properties, is installed. Read More
Government & Public BuildingsThese buildings can welcome hundreds (or even thousands) of visitors every day and can have various members of staff or personnel inside them at any time. As with most public buildings, there is a responsibility to protect these people from harm, which includes having suitable and reliable fire detection in place. Read More
Hazardous EnvironmentsMany industrial applications use processes that involve the use of chemicals and these chemicals can cause an environment to have corrosive properties. The contaminated air in these types of applications can cause a number of challenges when it comes to providing reliable smoke detection. Read More
There are many types of healthcare facility, including hospitals, clinics, care centres, nursing homes and many more, with each presenting a number of fire and evacuation challenges.Read More
Heritage buildings are most often of historical importance. They can also contain valuable and/or important artefacts and, therefore, must be protected from fire.Read More
Many industrial applications have many fire detection challenges including dust, dirt, water, corrosive chemicals, extreme low temperatures, high electromagnetic interference or vibration, or hazardous locations.Read More
IT operations are crucial to business continuity. Thefore, they use facilities such as data centres and server rooms to house redundant or backup components and infrastructure for power supply, data communications connections, environmental controls and various fire and security devices.Read More
Leisure & Hospitality
Marine & Offshore
There are many types of marine vessel; passenger ships, ferries, cargo vessels, container ships, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) units, petrochemical ships, defence vessels and submarines, all of which share some unique fire risks and challenges.Read More
Office & RetailRetail facilities often contain an abundance of high-value products and welcome thousands of visitors every day. Therefore, it is essential that they have suitable fire detection systems in place to protect stock, the property itself and, most importantly, human life. Read More
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Established in 2007, Eurofyre was initially appointed as the technical distribution partner for the ICAM brand in the UK and Ireland. ICAM was later acquired by Xtralis and then a few years later by Honeywell. Eurofyre continues to work closely with Xtralis as an authorised distributor and Gold Channel Partner in supporting the VESDA-E, VESDA, FAAST and ICAM brands.
- Xtralis Gold Partner
- Eurofyre have recently been appointed with a Gold Channel Partner status displaying our level of commitment, expertise and support.
- Largest Supplier in Europe
- Eurofyre is one of the largest suppliers of Xtralis products and supports a growing number of installers, integrators and maintainers throughout the UK and EU.
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre supplies all aspects of fire detection including aspirating smoke detectors, aspirating smoke detection pipe and fittings and filters and internal filters. We can provide expert advice and consultation. Eurofrye has a large stock holding of all aspirating smoke detection products with leading logistics solutions.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VESDA-E VEA aspirating smoke detection systems. Eurofyre offers both in-house and remote training.
- Technical Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and remote support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none. We can also provide on-site services such as commissioning and maintenance assistance.
The Xtralis Aspirating Smoke Detection Range
Xtralis is a leading global provider of very early and reliable smoke, fire and gas detection systems. Xtralis has been a pioneer in life safety for over thirty years and are the world’s largest manufacturer of aspirating smoke detection systems including:
VESDA-E Aspirating Smoke Detection
VESDA-E is the next generation of aspirating smoke detection. It offers unique features to provide increased sensitivity, targeted detection of the most common fire threats, improved networking capabilities, improved programming capabilities and delivers up to 40% improved coverage in high airflow areas.
VESDA Aspirating Smoke Detection
VESDA aspirating smoke detection systems provide the earliest possible warning of an impending fire. VESDA detectors give the user the critical time they need to investigate an alarm and initiate an appropriate response to prevent injury, property damage or business disruption.
FAAST Aspirating Smoke Detection
FAAST aspirating smoke detectors are advanced detection systems from Xtralis. They have been designed specifically to provide Class A, B or C detection for areas up to 2,000m2 where configurability, sensitivity and very early warning of fire are required. These detectors deliver flexible and cost-effective smoke detection for a variety of different applications such as small to medium-sized warehouses, lift shafts, ceiling voids, cold storage facilities and more.
Sensepoint In-line Gas Detection
Sensepoint XCL In-Line Gas Detectors provide aspirated gas detection for use with microbore aspirating smoke detection systems. When used in conjunction with VESDA-E detectors, these inline gas detectors provide a fast and reliable warning of harmful gases that are present in the detection area.