The Importance of a Wireless Site Survey
Wi-Fyre Xenos fire alarm systems are an extremely easy to install, cost-effective solution that provide a huge advantage over hardwired systems.
When installing a Wi-Fyre Xenos system, conducting a wireless survey not only speeds up installation time but also ensures that the system will operate safely and effectively. Therefore, conducting a full survey is an essential part of the installation process.
A Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit provides all the necessary equipment to conduct a survey that determines the reliability of the available wireless channels and selects the most appropriate ones for the system. The Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit is available for purchase or hire, thus providing a simple and cost-effective solution. However, an on-site survey service is also available.
As part of the Wi-Fyre Xenos On-Site Survey Solution, a Eurofyre engineer will attend the property to carry out the wireless survey. Upon completion, a complete report will be sent out that details the signal strengths, background noise, preferred frequency channels and packet loss.
This service makes installation of a Wi-Fyre Xenos system quick and easy while ensuring that it will operate efficiently and effectively. It also enables Eurofyre to update the quotation requirements to provide an accurate parts list and supply.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit
A Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit includes three key components: a survey network translator; a survey detector; and a survey interface dongle.
The Xenos Survey Translator is positioned where the Xenos Translator/Expander is to be installed.
The Xenos Survey head is used to test the signal between the Survey Translator and the location the device is to be installed.
If the device is to be installed at a certain height from the floor, such as on the ceiling, Xenos Survey Pipes are used to hold the survey head in place while the survey is conducted.
The Xenos Wireless Dongle is used to collect the wireless data from the Survey Translator and the Survey Device and relay it to the Xenos Wireless Survey App.
The Xenos Survey Translator can be powered by the included batteries or the 12V wall adapter.
The Survey Kit is packaged in a rugged and durable case to allow easy transportation of the entire kit and to keep all the components safe.
How it Works
To conduct a wireless survey, the Xenos Survey Translator is placed in the location where the Xenos Translator is to be installed and the survey head is placed in the locations where the detectors, sounders, manual call points and other devices are to be installed.
The survey requires an Android device with the Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey App installed. The Xenos Wireless Survey dongle is connected to the device via Bluetooth and the app is used to initiate the survey.
The signal between the Xenos Survey Head and Xenos Wireless Survey Translator is then measured and reported to the app via the Xenos Wireless Survey Dongle. After each scan, the app shows the reported signal strength and the location and device name can be stored. An image can also be attached of the device location that will be integrated into the final report.
On-Site Wireless Survey Process
- Complete the wireless survey request form (below).
- A Eurofyre representative will contact you to explain the service, engineer availability, survey cost and terms*.
- Eurofyre receives a purchase order for the survey together with relevant information on the property such as the desired device locations.
- A Eurofyre engineer attends the property to carry out the wireless survey.
- Once the survey is completed, Eurofyre will send the survey report indicating the signal strengths, background noise, preferred frequency channels and packet loss.
- Eurofyre updates the quotation requirements enabling accurate supply.
- You install Wi-Fyre Xenos with confidence knowing the wireless signals are satisfactory following the survey!
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier which means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including the Wi-Fyre Xenos wireless fire detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.