The Importance of a Wireless Site Survey
When installing a Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Fire Alarm System, it is essential that a wireless survey is conducted first. A wireless survey not only ensures that the wireless fire alarm system will operate safely and effectively but it also speeds up installation time.
The Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit is used to test the channels or frequency bands that are used to determine the reliability of the available channels and select the most reliable ones for use.
A survey kit is available from Eurofyre to make conducting a Wi-Fyre Xenos site survey quick and easy, and the option to hire a complete survey kit makes the process extremely cost-effective.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit Hire
The Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey Kit is composed of three key components: A survey network translator; a survey detector; and a survey interface dongle. An additional tablet or mobile phone running an Android operating system is also required to complete the survey.
When conducting a wireless survey, the interface dongle is connected to the Android device via Bluetooth to relay the wireless information that is collected during the survey.
The Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Survey app drives the wireless survey; the app is used to initiate a survey and store and collate the data that is collected during the survey. Multiple installation sites can be managed through the app and information such as survey reports can be easily accessed.
A survey can be initiated from the device. After each scan, the app shows the reported signal strength and the location and device name can be stored. You can also attach an image of the device location that will be integrated into the final report.
Once a survey is complete, a full “Site Survey Report” can be generated and shared from the Wi-Fyre Xenos Survey app.
What’s in the Box?
The Xenos Survey Translator is positioned where the Xenos Translator/Expander is to be installed.
The Xenos Survey head is used to test the signal between the Survey Translator and the location the device is to be installed.
If the device is to be installed at a certain height from the floor, such as on the ceiling, Xenos Survey Pipes are used to hold the survey head in place while the survey is conducted.
The Xenos Wireless Dongle is used to collect the wireless data from the Survey Translator and the Survey Device and relay it to the Xenos Wireless Survey App.
The Xenos Survey Translator can be powered by the included batteries or the 12V wall adapter.
The Survey Kit is packaged in a rugged and durable case to allow easy transportation of the entire kit and to keep all the components safe.
- Complete the wireless survey request form (below).
- Eurofyre will contact you to explain the terms and deposit.
- Hire duration, delivery and collection addresses are agreed.
- Eurofyre despatches the wireless survey kit (typically next working day in the UK).
- You receive the wireless survey kit on the desired delivery date.
- A member of Eurofyre will call to brief you on how to use the survey kit.
- You complete the wireless survey.
- The wireless survey kit is collected on the desired collection date.
- Eurofyre receives the wireless survey kit and inspects the equipment.
- At this point, Eurofyre will return the deposit or offer to hold the funds on account for a Xenos system purchase – it’s up to you.
- You install Wi-Fyre Xenos with confidence knowing the wireless signals are satisfactory following the survey!
- Deposit required which will be returned or held on account when the survey kit has been returned, and in the same condition as it left Eurofyre.
- The delivery charge is non-refundable.
- Hire Length: 5 working days maximum.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier which means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including the FyreLine linear heat detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.