Aspirating Smoke Detection
Aspirating smoke detection (ASD) is one of the fastest and most reliable types of smoke detection. ASD is based around a central detection unit which uses powerful fans to pull samples of air from the protected area through a network of pipes into a detection chamber.
With most systems, the air is filtered by a series of filters to remove any contaminants before it enters the chamber and is processed.
Once the sampled air enters the detection chamber, highly-sensitive and precise detection elements, combined with a string of complex algorithms, analyse it to see if any particles of smoke are present.
Due to aspirating smoke detection’s unique ability to actively monitor samples of air, it can detect the presence of smoke even before it is visible to the human eye. It is impervious to unpredictable airflows and is able to differentiate between smoke and potential contaminants, making it one of the most reliable detection types available.
VESDA, VESDA-E & FAAST
Xtralis is the leading manufacturer of aspirating smoke detectors. They offer a range of detectors including VESDA, VESDA-E and FAAST.
VESDA aspirating smoke detection systems provide very early warning of fire. They give the user time to investigate an alarm and initiate an appropriate response before a fire spreads and becomes out of control.
VESDA-E is the next generation of aspirating smoke detection. It delivers increased sensitivity, targeted detection of the most common fire threats, improved networking capabilities, improved programming capabilities and delivers up to 40% improved coverage in high airflow areas.FAAST aspirating smoke detectors have been designed specifically to provide Class A, B or C detection for areas up to 2,000m2 where configurability, sensitivity and very early warning of fire are required. These detectors deliver flexible and cost-effective smoke detection for a variety of different applications such as small to medium-sized warehouses, lift shafts, ceiling voids, cold storage facilities and more.
Aspirating Smoke Detection Pipe Network Design Software
An aspirating smoke detections system’s performance is dependent on the design of the pipe network that is used to transport samples of air from the protected area to the detector.
There is a variety of software available to assist with aspirating detection pipe network design.
ASPIRE Pipe Network Design Software
VESDA ASPIRE is Windows software that aids the specification and design of pipe networks for VESDA and VESDA-E air sampling smoke detectors. It provides tools to speed up the design process and ensure optimum network performance and installation quality.
ASPIRE also simplifies implementation of the design by providing automatic generation of lists of all the components required for the project and an Installation Data Pack.
Pipe IQ Design, Configuration and Maintenance Software
PipeIQ LT provides all-in-one system design and configuration for FAAST aspirating smoke detectors. Pipe IQ LT guides the user through initial pipe layout and system configuration and, once the system is installed, enables ongoing configuration and system monitoring via USB connection.
Why Do We Offer Support for Pipe Network Design?
Eurofyre are Xtralis Gold Channel Partners and have an abundance of experience working with aspirating smoke detection systems. Therefore, we are positioned to provide assistance with aspirating pipe network design to ensure optimum network performance and installation quality and help our customers to deliver reliable and effective aspirating smoke detection systems in a timely and cost effective manner. Our Aspirating Smoke Detection Assisted System Design:
- Speeds up the design process and ensure optimum network performance and installation quality
- Ensures that our customer’s client is given a piece of mind about the system’s reliability
- Facilitates installation and maintenance of large projects with different requirements as detectors with different sensitivity levels can be included in the same report
- Provides the installer with all of the information they need to carry out an effortless and successful installation
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Xtralis Gold Partner
- Eurofyre has ‘Gold Channel Partner’ status with Xtralis – the market leader in aspirating smoke detection. This recognition displays our level of commitment, including excellent customer service and competitive pricing.
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier and has been a major Xtralis technical wholesaler since 2007. This means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including aspirating smoke detection systems, conventional and addressable fire alarm control panels and linear heat detection.
- Pipework Design
- Eurofyre can also provide assistance with aspirating pipe network design to ensure optimum network performance and installation quality.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VESDA-E aspirating smoke detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.