FyreLine is Eurofyre’s own linear heat detection system. It is available in both analogue or digital variations and provides reliable and cost-effective heat detection for most commercial applications.
FyreLine Digital is a fixed temperature linear heat detection system available at rated temperatures of 68°C, 88°C, 105°C or 185°C. A FyreLine Digital heat detection system can detect heat at any point along its heat sensing cable to provide a fast and reliable warning of fire.
This innovative fire detection solution can be installed in conjunction with, or as an alternative to, conventional detection technology and a number of protective coatings are available to accommodate a wide range of applications.
How It Works
FyreLine Digital heat sensing cable is constructed from two, tri-metallic cores that are coated in a heat-sensitive polymer and twisted together. Once the cable reaches its rated temperature the heat-sensitive polymer melts causing the bare cores to come into contact with each other. The resulting short triggers a signal that is sent to the control panel, allowing it to take appropriate action. Once a signal has been triggered, the damaged length of cable is simply replaced.
FyreLine Digital Range
FyreLine Digital Controller
The FyreLine Digital Controller is a dual-zone monitor that sits between the digital heat detection sensing cable and the fire alarm control panel. It is designed to monitor up to two zones of digital linear heat detection cable and has an integrated display to indicate power, faults and alarms.
When an alarm is triggered, the FyreLine Digital Controller automatically calculates and displays the distance along the cable to the alarm point.
Sensing Cable Coatings
A number of different sensing cable coatings are available to provide suitable protection for use in a variety of environments:
- PVC Coating Sensing Cables (standard) – suitable for most environments but not when cables may be exposed to UV (sunlight), hazardous chemicals or mechanical abrasion.
- Nylon Coating Sensing Cables – suitable for areas where hazardous hydrocarbons such as fuels, oils and kerosene are present. Nyon coated cables are also black and, therefore, impervious to UV rays.
- Stainless Steel Braided Sensing Cables – this is placed over the outside of the cable and provides protection from mechanical abrasion or where cables may be accidentally cut or damaged.
- High Temperature Coated Sensing Cable – suitable for high-temperature environments and for where hazardous chemicals are present.
Digital End of Line & Test Switch
FyreLine Digital end of line and test switch units can monitor up to two linear heat detection cables or zones to provide the appropriate termination and hassle-free testing of the system. Using the incorporated test switch, users can verify normal conditions, trouble/fault conditions and alarm functions by simulating a break in the cable or overheat conditions.
Quick Release T-Clip
The FyreLine Quick Release T-Clip is designed to provide clear airflow around heat sensing cable. Its quick-release design enables fast installation of cables which can also be temporarily removed quickly and easily for routine maintenance and repairs without having to remove the clip.
Thanks to its switch-like nature, FyreLine Digital can be incorporated wirelessly into most new or existing fire alarm systems using Wi-Fyre. Wi-Fyre allows hardwired and wireless fire detection technology to coexist as part of the same fire detection system. A Wi-Fyre Transponder, installed into the fire alarms wiring via a compatible interface module, can communicate with up to thirty Wi-Fyre wireless devices such as sounders, detectors, manual call points and input/output devices.
When used in conjunction with FyreLine Digital, a wireless input/output module can be used to relay FyreLine Digital’s condition wirelessly to the fire alarm control panel.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier which means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including linear heat detectors and its associated products, conventional and addressable fire alarm control panels and aspirating smoke detection.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including the FyreLine Digital linear heat detection system.
- After-sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about FyreLine Digital heat detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to email@example.com or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.