An office is generally a room or area where employees of an organisation perform administrative work. The main purpose of the office environment is to support occupants in performing their job.
Offices come in all shapes and sizes and can provide workspace for a single employee or thousands of employees. They also have varying layouts ranging from large open-plan spaces where all employees work in the same space to individual booths providing each employee with their own separate working space. Some include meeting spaces or support spaces and some have kitchens and breakout areas.
As with any business, offices require suitable fire detection to protect people and assets and provide enough warning for any occupants to evacuate to safety should a fire break out.
Risks and Challenges
The most common fire risks associated with small office spaces include:
- Faulty or misused equipment
- Faulty or malfunctioning equipment such as computers or photocopiers can overheat or generate sparks. This can easily ignite nearby flammable materials and cause a fire.
- Fixed or portable heaters
- As with other electrical equipment, heaters that are faulty or misused can overheat or catch fire.
- Paper and soft furnishings
- Offices often contain an abundance of paper – whether it’s paper for printing, storing records or textbooks. Paper burns easily and can cause a fire to spread rapidly. Soft furnishings such as chairs, curtains or blinds can also cause a fire to spread rapidly.
- Waste and Litter
- Waste paper and other litter is also a fire risk. If waste bins are not emptied regularly, they can aid the spread of fire. Excess and incorrectly stored waste can also block exits delaying emergency evacuation.
Handpicked Products for Small Office Spaces
Offices usually require a reliable, yet user-friendly and cost-effective, automatic fire detection system to provide a suitable warning and keep occupants and assets safe from fire. A conventional fire detection system can deliver just that.
Conventional Fire Detection
A conventional fire detection system is cost-effective and simple to install and operate. Conventional fire detection also uses zones to indicate in which area of the building an event has been triggered allowing fires to be investigated and dealt with quickly and efficiently.
ProFyre C8 Conventional Control Panel
ProFyre C8 fire alarm control panels are fully-featured, compact and cost-effective. It is available in 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8 zone versions and provides the detection solution for small office spaces.
ProFyre Conventional Optical Detector
ProFyre conventional optical smoke detectors use a pulsing IR LED and photodiode to detect IR scatter caused by smoke entering the chamber. These detectors are housed in a stylish moulding with 360° LED indication and are well suited to fires that produce optically dense smoke, involving materials such as soft furnishings, PVC, plastic, foam and all similar materials which produce small visible particles.
ProFyre Conventional Heat Detectors
ProFyre conventional heat detectors are available in three different types: rate-of-rise that detects rapid rises in temperature; fixed-heat that triggers an alarm at 57°C; or fixed heat that triggers an alarm at 90°C. ProFyre conventional heat detectors are also housed in a stylish moulding with 360° LED indication.
ProFyre Diode Base
The ProFyre diode base is used to mount ProFyre detectors and is fully compatible with the conventional detector range. The diode base is used in countries or applications that require detector removal monitoring.
ProFyre Conventional Manual Call Points
ProFyre conventional manual call points are safe for use in all indoor areas including areas where glass cannot be used thanks to their resettable element. These elements mimic the feel of breaking glass and can simply be reset once triggered making them particularly suitable for areas where glass is not permitted or where false activations may occur.
Xtratone Conventional Sounder
Xtratone conventional sounders are loop powered, designed to be low current and provide a range of tones with a maximum output of up to 102dB(A) (±2dB). A combined Sounder/LED Indicator version is also available for an added visual alert.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection, including conventional fire detection and its associated products, and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including the ProFyre range of conventional fire detection, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about our conventional fire detection systems, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.