Linear Heat Detection (LHD) provides an early warning of fire or overheating. It uses heat sensing cables to detect changes in temperature – when part of the cable reaches its rated or predefined alarm level temperature, it sends a signal to the control panel. Linear Heat Sensing Cable can detect excess heat at any point along its length and can accurately report the location of the event.
LHD is designed for use in commercial and industrial applications but also has its uses in other installations. Heat sensing cable can be installed around machinery such as conveyor belts, warehouse racking, around chemical storage drums, or anywhere else where there is an increased risk of fire. It is not affected by dust and other contaminants and is available with a variety of coatings to protect the cable from mechanical abrasion, UV rays, hydrocarbons and other hazardous materials and provides very fast and reliable detection.
The Benefits of Hybrid Fire Detection
Until fairly recently, wireless fire detection technology was only available as a complete system. While suitable for some applications, full wireless systems can be expensive and less reliable than a more conventional hardwired system.
The introduction of hybrid detection systems such as Wi-Fyre means that hardwired and wireless detection technologies can now work together to form part of the same system. A hybrid solution means wireless devices can be used to form part of a new or existing installation to provide added benefits such as:
- Cable Free Installation
- As wireless devices do not require cabling, devices can be installed in locations where cabling is not practical or cost-effective.
- Fast Installation
- No cabling also means that devices can be installed very quickly and with little disruption to the building or it’s operation.
- Preservation of Aesthetics
- Installing new cables means they have to either be chased into the wall or secured on the surface. Using wireless devices eliminates the need for this and thus preserves the aesthetics of the property.
- Easy Upgrades
- Using a hybrid detection solution means that systems can be upgraded or repaired without the need for re-wiring. Wireless devices can simply be installed wherever necessary to extend the system.
Combining Wi-Fyre with FyreLine Digital Linear Heat Detection
Wi-Fyre can be used in conjunction with FyreLine Digital linear heat detection to provide hassle free installation. When connected to a Wi-Fyre input/output device, the signal from the FyreLine LHD cable can be relayed wirelessly to the fire alarm control panel to provide fast and reliable, wire-free detection.
This means that no leader cable is required between the fire alarm control panel and the detection area resulting in reduced installation time and lower supply cost. It also reduces the need for chasing cables or using external fixings, protecting the aesthetics of the property.
Furthermore, additional wireless devices such as manual call points and sounders can also be installed into the detection area.
Typical Wiring Diagram – Digital LHD Cable Wired Directly from Wireless I/O
Typical Wiring Diagram – Digital LHD Cable Wired from FyreLine Digital Controller from Wireless I/O
Wi-Fyre Wireless Fire Detection
Wi-Fyre hybrid fire detection systems use a wireless transponder, installed into the fire alarms wiring via a compatible interface, to communicate with Wi-Fyre wireless field devices. Each transponder can communicate with up to 30 mixed devices such as wireless manual call points, wireless sounders, wireless detectors and, in this case, wireless input/output (I/O) devices.
A wireless survey kit is available to buy or hire and must be used to ensure the signal between the transponder and wireless devices is strong enough for the system to work effectively.
FyreLine Digital Linear Heat Detection
FyreLine Digital linear heat detection provides fixed temperature detection at rated temperatures of; 68°C, 88°C, 105°C or 185°C. Once the cable reaches or exceeds its rated temperature, an alarm signal is sent to the fire alarm control panel to act accordingly.
It is capable of detecting heat at any point along its length and is not affected by airflow, fumes or contaminants. When an alarm is triggered, the FyreLine digital controller calculates and displays the distance along the cable to provide an accurate location of the event.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection including linear heat detection and its associated products and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including FyreLine linear heat detection systems, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about FyreLine Digital, Wi-Fyre or any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to email@example.com or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.