Linear Heat Detection systems use heat sensing cable to detect changes in temperature. Heat sensing cable can be used to protect a general area or can be installed in cable trays, in ceiling voids, around warehouse racking, along conveyor belts and more to detect hot spots or potential fires. When the cable reaches its rated temperature, a signal is sent to the fire alarm control panel to trigger the appropriate action. A linear heat detection controller can also show the exact distance along the length of the cable at which the event was triggered, allowing the user to quickly locate and identify the potential threat.
The FyreLine EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection System provides a cost-effective, easy-to-install and reliable linear heat system that is approved to EN 54-28. This means that it is approved for use within the European Economic Area (EEA) and complies with the EU’s New Approach Directives.
A FyreLine EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection System consists of at least three key components: a FyreLine EN54 Fixed Controller; FyreLine EN54 Fixed LSZH LHD Cable and a FyreLine EN54 Fixed End Of Line (EOL); all of which must be used for the system to meet the EN54 standard.
FyreLine EN54 Fixed Low Smoke Zero Halogen Linear Heat Sensing Cable
FyreLine EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection Cable is a non-resettable linear heat detection cable available with a rated temperature of either 78°C or 88°C.
The cable’s outer coating is “low smoke zero halogen” which vastly reduces the amount of toxic and corrosive gases released during combustion. It also releases less optically dense smoke, making exiting a space easier and safer for occupants and increases the safety of firefighting operations.
The cable’s protective outer coating is also UV stable, hydrocarbon resistant, oil resistant and flame retardant making it suitable for almost any application.
- Car Parks
- Due to the high risk of false alarms caused by exhaust fumes, conventional smoke detection can not be used reliably in a car park environment. Linear heat detection can provide a cost-effective and reliable alternative for this kind of application.
- Conveyor Belts
- Conveyor belts can sometimes carry combustible materials such as coal or cardboard which pose a high risk of fire. In this situation, FyreLine linear heat detection can detect a threat and provide the exact location of a potential fire.
- Heat sensing cable can be installed along service, maintenance access, road or rail tunnels and can pinpoint fires so that they can be dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Cable Trays
- Overheating cables pose a major risk of fire that is difficult to detect. Therefore, FyreLine EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection Cable can be installed along cable trays to provide a suitable detection solution.
All products in the FyreLine EN54 range are approved for use within the European Economic Area (EEA) and comply with the EU’s New Approach Directives. They bear the CE mark to indicate that they fulfil the requirements of the relevant European product directive.
Please note: to comply with EN 54-28, the FyreLine EN54 Fixed Controller, FyreLine EN54 Fixed EOL and FyreLine EN54 Fixed LSZH LHD Cable must be used as a complete system.
Sensing Cable Construction
FyreLine EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection Cable consists of two trimetallic cores that are coated with an advanced temperature sensitive polymer and twisted together. When the temperature sensitive polymer reaches its rated temperature it softens, allowing the cores to come into contact. The resulting contact triggers an event at the controller.
This is an irreversible process and, once the cable has activated, the section which has triggered must be cut out and replaced.
Typical Wiring Diagram
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection, including the ProFyre addressable range and its associated products, and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including ProFyre addressable systems, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about EN54 Fixed Linear Heat Detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre has to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.