Two-wire fire alarm systems work by allowing detectors, call points and alarm devices for each zone to all be wired into the same set of two-core wire. This means it only needs a single circuit per zone and does not require a separate sounder circuit.
This type of fire alarm system is often the preferred choice for small to medium installations or where budget restrictions apply. They offer a cost-effective, flexible, and simple solution for a wide range of applications that is easy to install and maintain.
With the introduction of wireless, or hybrid, detection technology, two-wire fire alarms have become even more practical; by combining hybrid detection technology, with a two-wire detection system, wireless devices can be deployed to form part of the same system. This means that extra devices can be installed without the need for additional wiring but the system does not rely purely on wireless technology.
The Benefits of Hybrid Fire Detection
- Speed of Installation
- Less cables leads to faster installation. Where wireless devices are used, no wiring is required. This means that installation is not only quicker but also causes less disruption.
- Preservation of Aesthetics
- As wireless devices don’t need cables, devices can be installed without installing cable runs that could damage the aesthetics of the property – walls, floors and ceilings can remain intact.
- Full wireless detection systems are usually either extremely expensive or, if not designed correctly, unreliable and, therefore, are unsuitable for most permanent installations. Using a hybrid system, that utilises wireless devices only where necessary, means that your system is not solely dependent on wireless technology; saving costs and increasing reliability.
- Efficient and Effective
- When upgrading a fire alarm system, using hybrid technology allows wireless devices to be used to speed up the installation process. This reduces the need for additional cabling, limits damage to the property and reduces operational downtime. This also makes hybrid detection effective for new installations such as in HMOs where access time is limited.
Combining Wi-Fyre with ProFyre T8 2-Wire Addressable Fire Alarm Systems
A hybrid solution that combines a ProFyre T8 two-wire addressable detection system with Wi-Fyre wireless technology allows for truly flexible design and installation. Wired devices, wireless devices or a combination of both can be used in each individual zone. This means that wireless devices can be used wherever necessary, for example, where access is limited, where cabling is impractical or where the aesthetics of the property need to be preserved.
ProFyre T8 fire alarm control panels support up to 8 zones with radial or loop wiring and each zone can accommodate up to 15 devices. Both hardwired and wireless devices are fully addressable and identifiable at the T8 control panel.
The end result is a flexible, reliable, fully addressable and cost-effective fire detection system that is easy to deploy and can be effectively and efficiently upgraded.
Wi-Fyre Wireless Fire Detection
Wi-Fyre is Eurofyre’s very own hybrid fire detection solution. It allows hardwired and wireless devices to integrate seamlessly to form part of the same fire detection system. Wi-Fyre can be used as part of a new installation or combined with an existing solution to provide fast and efficient installation.
When installed into a fire alarm control panel via a compatible interface module, each Wi-Fyre wireless transponder can communicate with up to 30 Wi-Fyre wireless field devices such as manual call points, smoke and heat detectors, sounders and I/O devices.
A wireless survey can, and must, be conducted to ensure that the signal between the transponders and connected devices is strong enough for the system to operate effectively. Survey kits are available for purchase or can be hired from Eurofyre.
Wi-Fyre works with most new or existing fire alarm control panels and has seven modes of operation for increased compatibility:
- Conventional Mode
- ProFyre 2-Wire Addressable Mode
- Addressable (Collective) Mode
- ProFyre Addressable Mode
- Standalone Mode
ProFyre T8 2-Wire Addressable Fire Detection
ProFyre T8 2-Wire addressable fire detection combines conventional, basic addressable and “two-wire” conventional fire alarm systems into a single package. It is easy-to-install and offers radial or loop wiring. Therefore, this system is ideal for both conventional retro-fits and newbuild projects, particularly in HMOs where selectable alarm verification is required to reduce unwanted alarms and building evacuations.
The user can choose between wiring the system as radials or as a single loop, both using 2 wire cabling. It can support up to 8 zones each with up to 15 devices that are all fully addressable and identifiable at the T8 control panel.
ProFyre T8 2-wire addressable systems also offer:
- Cable Break Identification
- Cable Short Circuit Protection
- Auto Configuration
- Alarm Verification
- System Monitoring
- Zone Check – Cable Integrity & Zone Identification Facility
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre supplies all aspects of fire detection, including the ProFyre T8 2-wire addressable and Wi-Fyre systems, and it’s associated products and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including ProFyre and Wi-Fyre detection systems, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about our two-wire or wireless fire detection systems, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre has to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.