Aspirating smoke detection provides fast and reliable detection of fire. It uses powerful aspirators to draw samples of air through a network of sampling pipes and into a detection chamber. The sophisticated detection elements within the detection chamber, and a series of complex algorithms, then analyse the sampled air. If any smoke is detected, the detector signals the fire alarm control panel to take appropriate action.
VESDA is the leading brand of aspirating smoke detectors, of which there are a variety of different models to cater for the majority of different applications.
VESDA aspirating smoke detectors can detect a presence of smoke even before it can be seen by the human eye. This makes it the fastest detection method on the market today, allowing fires and potential fires to be dealt with during their very early stages.
The network of pipes that aspirating smoke detectors use to carry sampled air from the protected area are a key part of the system. Therefore, it is imperative that they are installed and mounted correctly to ensure optimum performance.
When installing aspirating smoke detection pipework, there are some considerations to give to the following external influences:
- Undue stress
- Mechanical impact
- UV radiation
- Temperature extremes
- Future building operations
Pipework should always be clearly labelled and mounted as per the system design specifications. It should typically be suspended between 25 – 100 mm below the ceiling and suitable and sufficient fixing supports should be used to secure it at 1 to 1.5 meter intervals.
Aspirating Smoke Detection Pipe Clips can be used to quickly and securely install multiple aspirating smoke detection pipe runs. Their sophisticated self-closing mechanism means the clamp closes securely as the pipe is pushed into it and can easily be unlocked for maintenance or repairs. There are a range of accessories available to make fixing to any substrate, rail or stud and threaded rod.
They are durable, UV stable, corrosion-free and temperature resistant up to 130°C and multiple clips can be joined together using the ridges and inverted ridges on either side of the clip.
Combined Pipe Clips
Pipe clips can be clamped together using the ridge and inverted ridge either side of the clip.
Additional fixing nuts are available in M6 and M8 sizes.
Additional rod adaptors are also available in M6 and M8 sizes.
Do You Need Pipe Clips?
Aspirating Smoke Detection Pipe Clips can be purchased via our website. We also offer credit facilities to trade customers.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier and has been a major Xtralis technical wholesaler since 2007. This means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including aspirating smoke detection systems, conventional and addressable fire alarm control panels and linear heat detection.
- Pipework Design
- Eurofyre can also provide assistance with aspirating pipe network design to ensure optimum network performance and installation quality.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VESDA aspirating smoke detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about aspirating smoke detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.