Xtralis VESDA LaserFocus (VLF) aspirating smoke detectors provide first-rate very early warning air-sampling smoke detection for small, business-critical space such as server rooms, switch rooms and equipment cabinets.
VESDA VLF detectors use laser-based absolute smoke detection technology and dual-stage dust filtration to provide an extremely reliable and very early warning of a potential fire incident.
How it Works
VESDA VLF aspirating smoke detectors use powerful aspirators to actively draw air from the protected area via discrete sampling holes in a network of aspirating smoke detection pipes into its detection chamber. Before entering the detector, the air passes through a dual-stage dust filtration system to ensure that the detection chamber remains free from contaminants.
Once the air enters the chamber, laser-based, light scattering technology is used to detect the presence of smoke. If even the smallest amount of smoke is detected, the systems intuitive “Smoke Dial” display indicates that there is a potential fire and the relevant information is reported to the fire alarm control panel via relays or optional interface cards.
- 2 Variants to suit 250m2 and 500m2 areas
- VESDA LaserFOCUS detectors are available in two variants to cater for different size areas. VESDA VLF-250 detectors are designed to cover areas up to 250m2 while VESDA VLF-500 detectors cater for areas up to 500m2.
- Ease of Installation
- VESDA-VLF detectors do not require a special interface or software programming tools and provide “out-of-the-box” operation.
- Ultrasonic Flow Sensing
- VESDA VLF detectors use Xtralis’ patent-pending Ultrasonic Flow Sensing to provide a direct reading of the sampling pipe flow rate. Ultrasonic Flow Sensing is unaffected by pressure and air temperature changes and is impervious to contamination.
- Automatic Smoke and Flow Fault Thresholds
- VESDA’s AutoLearn™ feature further assists installation by assessing the environmental conditions of the protected area and automatically setting suitable smoke alarm and flow fault thresholds.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier and has been a major Xtralis technical wholesaler since 2007. This means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including aspirating smoke detection systems, conventional and addressable fire alarm control panels and linear heat detection.
- Pipework Design
- Eurofyre can also provide assistance with aspirating pipe network design to ensure optimum network performance and installation quality.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VEDA VLF aspirating smoke detection systems.
- After-sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about VESDA aspirating smoke detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.