Aspirating smoke detection provides extremely fast and reliable detection of the presence of smoke, often before it is even visible to the human eye. It is suited to a huge variety of applications from very small, isolated areas to large warehouses and atria.
To achieve such fast and reliable detection speeds, it uses a central detection unit that actively draws air from the protected area. Once the sampled air enters the detection chamber, it is analysed for the presence of smoke by extremely sensitive detection elements.
The use of powerful aspirators to transport air samples through a network of pipes and into the detection chamber means that these detectors are able to easily overcome the challenges presented by large open spaces, varying airflows, smoke stratification and many other factors that can make traditional type detection less effective.
Xtrlais have been making aspirating smoke detectors since the late 90’s when their VESDA LaserPlus became the pinnacle of smoke detection. These detectors set the standard for detection sensitivity, reliability, longevity, stability and efficiency and quickly became the most widely used aspirating detector.
Since then, Xtralis have continued to grow and evolve their aspirating smoke detector range and have evolved ASD from being a niche and specialist technology to a pillar of the smoke detection market.
In 2014, they introduced their new VESDA-E range and with that, the VESDA-E VEA.
VESDA-E VEA Aspirating Smoke Detector
VESDA-E VEA combines the reliability and accuracy of aspirating smoke detection with pinpoint addressability and a range of annunciation options. It supports up to forty sampling points that all carry sampled air into the detection chamber. Once smoke is detected, the system provides the exact location of the fire.
VESDA-E VEA detectors can be installed outside of the protected areas and can support up to 100m of microbore sampling pipe. This makes accessing the detector for maintenance and testing easy and simple.
The VESDA-E VEA also offers end-to-end sampling point and sampling tube integrity monitoring and supports automatic cleaning of sampling points.
- Supports up to 40 addressable sampling points
- Maximum 100m microbore tube length
- End-to-end sampling point and sampling tube integrity monitoring
- Automatic cleaning of sampling points
- Centralised maintenance and testing
How the VESDA-E VEA Works
The VESDA-E VEA aspirating smoke detector uses a powerful aspirator to draw air from up to 40 sampling points and through a network of sampling pipes into the detection chamber.
The air is then analysed by the sensor module in the detection chamber. When smoke particles are detected, the system uses a rotary valve to individually test each sampling point to identify which one has carried the smoke into the detection chamber. The system can then provide an accurate location of the source and raise the alarm.
A series of LEDs indicate Trouble, Disable, Alarm and the detector power status and a button is present to allow users to disable or reset the detector. The VEA-A10 also features a 3.5” display which shows detector status.
VESDA-E VEA Custom Interface Solution
An addressable interface unit must be used to connect VESDA-E VEA detectors to an addressable fire alarm loop. Assembling and wiring a multi-way interface on-site can be difficult with access issues, multiple trades working in the same area, insufficient workspace and limited tool availability. Therefore, we offer a pre-fabricated interface solution, away from the installation site, to ensure optimum operational functionality prior to fitting the system on-site.
Our prefabricated interface solution makes ready everything that is required to connect a VESDA-E VEA microbore aspirating detection system to an addressable loop, away from the installation site, making installation and commissioning as easy as possible and ensuring that the system performs to the best of its ability.
Typical Pipe Network
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier and has been a major Xtralis technical wholesaler since 2007. This means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including aspirating smoke detection systems, conventional and addressable fire alarm control panels and linear heat detection.
- Pipework Design
- Eurofyre can also provide assistance with aspirating pipe network design to ensure optimum network performance and installation quality.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VESDA-E VEA aspirating smoke detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about VESDA aspirating smoke detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.