Emergency Voice Communication (EVC) systems are used as a backup to traditional radio systems used by emergency services; they provide two-way communication between the outside world and those inside a building that may require assistance with evacuation during an emergency.
An EVC system typically consists of a central location point with a number of outstations located throughout the building. These outstations include disabled refuge points, fire telephones and emergency alarm systems and can be used by occupants who are disabled or use a wheelchair to easily communicate with the central location point and other outstations to get the help they need.
Crisis Emergency Voice Communication System
Crisis emergency voice communication systems combine disabled refuge, fire telephones and emergency assistance alarm systems into one fully-integrated, robust network. This not only delivers significant cost savings but also provides a system that is easy to install, configure and operate.
The Crisis EVC range includes compact and stylish master stations with accessible touch screens along with an attractive range of fire telephones, type B outstations, combined outstations, disabled refuge points and induction loops.
Crisis Type A Fire Telephone
- Fully compliant to BS5839-9:2011
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
- Brushed stainless steel enclosure
- Telecoil for hearing impaired users
- High volume ringer
In most countries, buildings that are over four stories require at least one fire telephone to be installed on each floor.
Crisis Type A Fire Telephones can be used as a direct telephone or disabled refuge call point. Like all Crisis outstations, they are designed for use by multi-disability users and have high contrast signage and an induction loop coil in the handset.
This type of outstation is mainly used by building management, fire wardens and fire fighters and should be installed in locations with low background noise or with acoustic hoods.
Crisis Type A Fire Telephones are compatible with the Crisis stand-alone network systems and boast a stylish and practical stainless steel finish with high-contrast red screen print. Behind the push door is a rugged red telephone handset connected by a flexible red cord.
Crisis Type A Fire Telephones can be surface mounted, or flush mounted using the included stainless steel bezel.
Typical Wiring Diagram
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection and its associated safety products, including emergency voice communication systems, and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including Crisis EVC systems, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about Crisis EVC, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.