Linear Heat Detection
Linear heat detection uses a heat sensing cable to detect changes in temperature. When the cable detects a rise in temperature, it sends a signal to the fire alarm control panel which then raises the appropriate alarm. The location of a fire can be accurately pinpointed, enabling a quick and efficient response.
Linear heat sensing cable can be installed along machinery such as conveyors and escalators, in cable trays, around warehouse racking, ceiling voids and more to provide localised detection of fire.
Flame detectors are designed to respond to open flames. Flame detectors use sophisticated analysis algorithms and continuous health monitoring to detect flames from a variety of fire types and have excellent false alarm rejection capabilities.
Combining FyreLine Linear Heat Detection with Flame Detection
When using these two technologies together, you create a fire detection system that is extremely fast and reliable and that offers exceptional coverage with minimal risk of false alarms. This combination is suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Cold Stores
- When this combination of detection technologies is used in cold stores, linear heat detection can be installed along shelving and racking to provide localised protection, while flame detectors can be installed to monitor the, usually large and open, space of the refrigerated area.
- Similar to in refrigerated areas, in this instance, linear heat sensing cable can be installed around warehouse racking to provide localised protection while flame detectors can be installed in open areas to provide more general protection of the area.
- Manufacturing Facilities
- When used in manufacturing facilities, linear heat sensing cable can be installed around machinery, conveyors or other equipment that may be prone to malfunction to provide fast detection and an accurate location of fire or overheat event. Flame detectors can be installed to protect the rest of the areas. In any scenario, flame detectors can also be used to verify if an overheat event has escalated to a fire event, or if it has not yet resulted in a fire allowing for a much faster response.
- Self Storage Units
- Self storage units are often filled to the brim and left unattended for long periods of time. Therefore, having a reliable notification of fire is essential to the safety of the building and its contents. Linear heat detection can be used inside each individual storage area, while flame detectors can be installed in hallways and other common areas. Flame detectors can also be used to verify any fires and help ensure the most appropriate action is taken.
FyreLine Linear Heat Detection
FyreLine linear heat detection is capable of detecting heat at any point along its length. It provides a fast and reliable warning of heat events and can provide an accurate location of fire by reporting the distance along the cable to where the event has been triggered. Fyreline is available in two different versions:
FyreLine digital provides fixed heat fire detection at rated temperatures of 68°C, 88°C, 105°C or 185°C. As soon as part of the cable reaches or exceeds its rated temperature, a signal is sent to the fire alarm control panel which will respond accordingly.
FyreLine analogue works similarly to FyreLine Digital. However, the temperature at which an alarm will trigger can be predefined by the user. This also allows the user the option to set a pre-alam temperature, so that potential fires can be investigated before an alarm is raised.
Honeywell FSL100 Flame Detector
Honeywell FSL100 Flame Detectors are available with UV, UV/IR or IR3 detection elements making them suitable for a wide range of applications. They use sophisticated signal analysis and sensing technologies to detect fires quickly and eliminate the risk of false alarms.
These detectors have a small and lightweight GRP housing and can be used in both indoor and outdoor environments. They have a wide field of view and can detect a variety of fire types, including fires from hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon sources.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection including linear heat detection and its associated products and can provide expert advice and consultation.
- Demonstration and Training
- We offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including FyreLine linear heat detection systems, in our very own sophisticated training facility.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre offers both on-site and telephone support to assist you in ensuring that your system is fully functional and operating at maximum efficiency. Our after-sales care and support are second to none.
For more information about flame or linear heat detection systems, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to email@example.com or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.