VESDA-E VEA Aspirating Smoke Detector Introduction
The VESDA-E VEA is an addressable aspirating smoke detector from Xtralis. It combines the reliability of VESDA early warning systems with pinpoint addressability to deliver a truly unique detection solution.
VESDA-E VEA detectors are housed in an IP40 rated enclosure and employ a powerful pump that supports micro-tube lengths up to 100m. Each 100m pipe length can support 1 sampling point as standard.
This unique detection system is best suited to applications that require fast and reliable smoke detection with accurate fire location reporting. They have a variety of features to provide flexibility, field programmability, enhanced connectivity and overall reduced total cost of ownership.
VESDA-E VEA detectors are easy to install, commission and maintain via the Xtralis VSC software.
- Pinpoint addressability
- Supports up to 40 pipes of up to 100m length each
- Early warning smoke detection
- End-to-end sampling point and sampling tube integrity monitoring
- Automatic cleaning of sampling point
How the VESDA-E VEA Works
VESDA-E VEA detectors draw a sample of smoke from all of the sampling points in the protected area through a network of flexible tubing. The air sample is then filtered before it enters the detection chamber. When the smoke sensor module detects a presence of smoke that reaches a defined alarm threshold, appropriate alarm conditions are actioned.
Once the alarm has been raised, a rotary valve is commissioned to sequentially test each sampling location to identify the specific areas where smoke is present. The user can also initiate a scan of all locations should they wish to investigate a pre-alarm or identify an area that may have an issue.
The system’s airflow is monitored to identify any blockages or breakages of any of the sampling tubes and points, and any faults that are detected are shown on the detector’s display or at the monitoring equipment.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Eurofyre have supplied and supported hundreds of microbore aspirating smoke detection systems for a vast range of applications including high-end residential, commercial properties and data centres.
- Design Assistance
- A VEA tube network requires between 6 and 40 microbore tubes, each up to 100 meters in length. All tubes must have equal airflow. This is achieved by making them all equal in length, or by using combinations of 6mm and 4mm diameter tube configurations.
- Eurofyre provides assistance with full system design, including pipe length calculations, to ensure each pipe network has equal system airflow and that the system operates effectively and efficiently.
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre manufactures and supplies all aspects of fire detection including wireless fire detection products and can provide expert advice and consultation.
Some of the key VESDA-E VEA components we can supply and support include:
Aspirating Smoke Detector
Xtralis VESDA-E VEA combines the reliability of VESDA early warning smoke detection with pinpoint addressability and a range of annunciation options that exceed traditional spot detectors.
To make use of the 40 individual sampling point locations that VESDA-E VEA can support, a custom interface is required. Eurofyre can prepare everything that is required to connect a VESDA-E VEA microbore aspirating smoke detection system to an addressable loop, away from the installation site, to make installation and commissioning easy and ensure that the system delivers optimum performance.
The VESDA-E VEA Local Relay StaX enables alarm location signalling from the detector via relays and the mounting of fire loop input modules inside the enclosure. Each Relay StaX provides up to 40 relay connections to provide full addressability.
Power Supply Unit
Xtralis Power Supply Units are technically matched to provide sufficient current and battery charging capacity for VESDA-E aspirating smoke detectors, meeting the requirements of EN54-4. These units also perfectly match the VESDA-E range of aspirating smoke detection in style and appearance.
Pipe & Fittings
VESDA-E VEA microbore tubes are high-quality plenum rated flame retardant polyethylene tubes. They have superior stress crack resistance for long-term and reliable performance. The full length of the tubing is marked with a white ink numbering system.
Standard sampling points are designed for ceiling mounting where there is a void available for the microbore tubes to be installed. Sampling points can either be directly screwed to the ceiling or mounted using a retainer, supplied as a standard inclusion, and are available in black or white.
(Optional) In-line Gas Detector
The in-line gas detectors provide a fast and reliable warning of harmful gases that are present in the detection area. They are available to suit a variety of different gases and are easy to install, commission and operate.
- Custom Interface Solution
- In order for VESDA-E VEA detectors to be connected to an addressable fire alarm loop, an addressable interface unit must be used. Eurofyre has a unique understanding of the challenges of assembling and wiring a multi-way interface on-site. Therefore, we offer to put together a custom prefabricated interface solution, away from the installation site, to ensure optimum operational functionality prior to fitting the system on-site.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including VESDA-E VEA aspirating smoke detection systems.
- System Commissioning Assistance
- Eurofyre’s team of trained and experienced engineers can offer assistance with commissioning any fire alarm system. We have been involved in over 400 installations and have all the expertise required to ensure that the system operates efficiently and effectively.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about VESDA aspirating smoke detection, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to email@example.com or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.