Our Partner’s Thoughts
“Thanks to the wireless solution from Eurofyre, Tekra was able to build the largest wireless fire alarm system in Bulgaria with over 500 detectors in one system.
Eurofyre’s solution reduces wiring to a minimum and offers fast and reliable installation.
Unlike other wireless solutions on the market, Eurofyre was able to meet the requirements and specifics of the site, and thanks to their experience and assistance, we were able to get the wireless fire alarm system up and running.
Eurofyre has a large range of devices, thanks to which their solution can meet even the highest requirements for a fire alarm system.“
Valencia Gardens is a luxury apartment complex in the Nessebar region of Bulgaria.
Valencia Gardens is a sophisticated and luxurious modern complex with contemporary architectural design. It’s prominently situated right on the seaside, in the newly developed part of Nessebar, close to the historic town centre. This gated complex is known for its elegance and offers breathtaking sea views from its frontage.
It is surrounded by a well-established infrastructure and adjacent to the city’s park area. Valencia Gardens presents a range of apartments, including studios, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom units with practical layouts, all delivered turnkey. This means you get everything from flooring to painted walls and ceilings, along with fully equipped bathrooms. The building boasts lavish communal spaces, a state-of-the-art elevator, and controlled access for added security.
Valencia Gardens provides a wide array of amenities, including a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa centre, fitness facility, lobby bar, playground, stores, restaurant, medical centre, year-round reception, year-round complex service, and secure underground parking, ensuring a comfortable and convenient living experience.
When the Valencia Gardens luxury apartment complex was built, a fire alarm system was installed by Tekra to protect the common areas of the building. Upon completion of the project, it was decided that, to increase the safety of the residents, all apartments and studios should be covered by the fire alarm system as well.
In complexes such as this, the aesthetics of the rooms and building are extremely important. As the building was already complete, running cabling into each apartment or studio would be almost impossible.
Extending the existing fire alarm with hardwired devices would mean installing cabling that would run from the fire alarm control panel into each apartment. Therefore, a wireless approach, incorporating wireless devices into the existing fire alarm system was the preferred option.
The Approach & Challenges
Eurofyre was approached and tasked to provide a wireless solution that would protect every apartment and studio and communicate seamlessly with the existing hardwired detection system.
Upon designing a wireless solution to provide fire detection in all the studios and apartments, Eurofyre were faced with a number of challenges.
- There was already a wireless mesh fire alarm system installed in the corridor areas. Eurofyre had to ensure that the chosen wireless system would not interfere with the existing system.
- Large Footprint
- The building structure was vast and split into five main sections.
- Signal Strength
- The building materials used were of high quality. Each floor was constructed using thick concrete floors and honeycomb bricks for good insulation making it challenging to design a reliable wireless fire alarm system.
There were several key steps in the process that led to the efficient supply and fit of a suitable fire detection system for the building’s studios and apartments.
- Initial Presentation
- Eurofyre discussed the project with the client and presented the Xenos wireless fire detection system remotely.
- A quotation was put together along with an indicative system design.
- Wireless Survey
- Eurofyre travelled to Bulgaria to carry out a wireless survey to ensure the proposed system would meet requirements and operate effectively.
- Installation Plan
- Product lead times were provided and an installation plan was put together by Eufoyre’s Bulgarian partner. The works were given the go ahead by the end client.
- Eurofyre prepared the system for shipping.
- Remote Training
- Training was carried out remotely.
- Eurofyre’s partner, Tekra Ltd then programmed the system in-house and managed the installation.
- Commissioning and Training
- Eurofyre travelled to Bulgaria to assist with the commissioning and client training.
- Our partner completed the installation and handed over the system fully operational.
Wi-Fyre Xenos is a unique and powerful wireless fire detection solution. It removes the need for complex cable networks and all of the challenges associated with installing them. This greatly reduces installation time and cost, and enables a fire detection system to be installed in even the largest property in just a matter of days.
A Xenos survey, carried out prior to installation, defines the exact wireless infrastructure required for the system to operate effectively. The survey allows for proper planning and means that only necessary components are purchased, guaranteeing equipment costs before installation.
Wi-Fyre Xenos is fully certified to the relevant EN54 standards and offers the highest performing range of fire sensing and notification to provide the best possible solution for heritage or listed buildings from fire.
Mesh Architecture ensures the best possible redundant network communication paths
Wireless Range for Xenos is over 1km in open air and with up to 8 expansion hops a Wi-Fyre Xenos system can cover well over 8 km.
Redundant Channel Technology ensures superior system reliability
Low Power Consumption means Xenos’ battery management is among the best available
Mesh Expander Technology is used to deliver unprecedented system reliability and performance.
The Xenos software provides an intuitive and simple method of configuring the Xenos system.
The System Components
The components used at Valencia Gardens include:
Addressable Control Panel
Quantity: 1 Panel
The Advanced MxPro 5 1-4 Loop Addressable Fire Alarm Panel is fully expandable from one to four loops and has four onboard sounder circuits, 20 programmable zonal LEDs and 25 system LEDs for information purposes.
Wireless Translators & Expanders
The Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Translator Module is the main component of a Wi-Fyre Xenos intelligent hybrid fire detection and alarm system. When connected to a compatible loop, the Xenos Translator Module can wirelessly link up to 128 wireless field devices to the fire alarm system.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Expanders provide a convenient method to increase the radio communication range by relaying the information to other expanders or directly to wireless field devices. This allows the user to create large fully-wireless configurations or to add wireless devices into areas where cabling for translators is not possible.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Optical Smoke Detectors use dual optical smoke detection technologies and algorithms for improved performance whilst maintaining the highest levels of false alarm rejection.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Heat Detectors are designed to give the best possible warning of fire in locations where smoke detection technology is not suitable. They can be configured for either high-temperature or rate-of-rise heat detection.
Wi-Fyre Xenos Wireless Manual Call Points have a resettable plastic element. Once the unit has been activated, it can simply be reset using the key provided. The unit includes a transparent cover that protects it from accidental activation and there is a weatherproof enclosure available for outdoor use.
The Xenos Wall Sounder is a EN54-3 (Type B) compliant acoustic device that is equipped with 3 volume levels and 32 recognised tones; all of which can be set via the control equipment or locally at the sounder.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Wi-Fyre Xenos Support
- Eurofyre’s team of fire detection specialists are experts in wireless fire detection. We offer a Xenos Survey Kit to buy or hire to make conducting a Wi-Fyre Xenos site survey quick and easy. We also provide Xenos programming support to help with off-site programming.
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier which means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including Wi-Fyre Xenos wireless detection systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about Wi-Fyre Xenos, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer, please feel free to get in touch either by phone on +44 (0) 1329 835 024, by email to [email protected] or via the online enquiry form situated on our contact page.