- Bi-spectral – IR & visual
- On-board pre-alarm, alarm and fail-safe fault relay outputs
- Detection temperature range -5°C to 450°C
- Fixed temperature and rate of rise pre-alarms and alarms
- Simple and user-friendly connection
The VIS-IR Thermography Detection Camera is a bi-spectral (IR & visual) smart edge device that has been specifically designed for early warning heat-detection. The camera can communicate directly with the fire alarm control panel to provide pre-alarm, alarm and fault conditions.
These detectors are particularly useful for applications where traditional smoke or fire detectors are unable to cope with high smoke and dust conditions such as waste recycling, tunnels, machine and process supervision, and power stations.
VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras use long wavelength IR microbolometers to detect infrared energy emitted by heat energy. This information is fed to a processing unit allowing it to pinpoint the location of a developing heat source.
The VIS-IR Thermography Detector continuously monitors for various fault conditions and signals these via an onboard failsafe relay. The bi-spectral camera means that the user can also switch to a visual camera as needed by switching from IR mode to visual mode.
Tackling Challenging Environments
Traditional smoke and fire detectors can be ineffective in environments with high smoke and dust conditions. These environmental conditions can make fire threats hard to detect, leading to frequent false alarms and disruption to business.
VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras can help overcome the challenges of these environments by continuously monitoring heat signatures. They are unaffected by challenging environmental conditions and can, therefore, provide a reliable and early warning of fire threats.
In many operating environments, fire risks can come in different forms and at different temperatures – there may be several flammable materials in one area, all with different ignition temperatures.
The environment itself may be at a high or fluctuating temperature and external influences, such as the arrival of delivery vehicles, may cause a temperature increase that can trigger a nuisance alarm.
All these factors make early detection difficult. However, the failsafe, bi-spectral thermography detector Xtralis VIS-IR can overcome all of these challenges.
What Makes VIS-IR Different?
Xtalis boasts a storied history in the realm of early warning systems, consistently leading the way with groundbreaking innovations. Over the years, their expertise has been instrumental in developing cutting-edge solutions that provide swift and effective detection, ensuring enhanced safety and security across diverse domains.
VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras are another example of Xtralis’ expertise in early warning fire detection.
VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras communicate pre-alarm, alarm and fault conditions directly to the fire alarm control panel. They can be programmed to trigger pre-alarms and alarms based on different fixed or rate of rise temperatures for different regions of interest (ROI).
One device can monitor multiple ROIs simultaneously and only trigger an alarm when a specific area reaches its defined fixed temperature or rate of rise.
VIS-IR Software Management (ViSM) enables configuration and continuous monitoring of the protected area. Combined with both IR and video feeds, ViSM allows the situation to be assessed remotely and safely. This means that situations can be analysed more accurately so that appropriate action can be taken sooner.
- Facilities for waste management and recycling
- These facilities handle the collection, sorting, and processing of waste materials for recycling or disposal. VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras can detect the early stages of fires, such as smouldering fires from discarded materials, enabling rapid response to prevent extensive damage and environmental hazards.
- Plants for food and drink processing
- Food and beverage processing plants require precise environmental monitoring to ensure product quality and safety. VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras can provide early detection of potential fire risks, including overheating equipment or electrical faults.
- Industrial areas
- Industrial areas encompass a wide range of manufacturing and production facilities. VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras are ideal for industrial areas where rapid fire detection is critical. They can identify fires in their incipient stages, even in challenging industrial environments with dust, smoke, or fluctuating temperatures, helping to reduce downtime and mitigate safety risks.
- Tunnels and transportation sector
- The tunnel and transportation sector encompasses underground passages and transport infrastructure, including roads, railways, and airports, requiring safety systems for fire detection and hazard mitigation. When deployed in tunnels and transportation infrastructure, VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras can provide a fast response to fire incidents, allowing for timely evacuation and the activation of firefighting systems to safeguard commuters and infrastructure.
Field of View
There are three different lenses available to provide fields of view of 22°x16° / 17mm, 42° x 31° / 8.9mm, 88°x 65° / 4.,3mm.
Camera Sensor Features
VIS-IR Thermography Detection Cameras use two high-resolution lenses to provide accurate detection.
The IR sensor operates at 30fps and can detect temperature ranges from -5°C to 450°C with an accuracy +/-2°C up to 100°C. The visual camera uses a 1/4″ colour CMOS QSXGA (5 megapixel) image sensor with a light sensitivity of 0.1 lux to provide a crisp, high-resolution image.
Regions of Interest (ROI)
The VIS-IR Thermography Detection Camera allows the user to set various alarm levels in several regions of interest (ROI). This means that independent pre-alarm and alarms can be set for multiple regions within the detector’s field of view.
Alarm & Pre-Alarm Configuration
Two detection modes are available, alarm and pre-alarm. These modes can be defined on the Alarms menu and different ROIs can use different modes.
Other options, such as security temperature, alarm delay and latching mode are also available.
Hot & Cold Spot Monitoring
The position and value of hot or cold spots inside each region can be shown in real-time in the detector’s image.
The junction box can be pre-mounted and field wiring installed before the detector installation and commissioning. There are two sets of power terminals on the junction box: an input socket to receive power from a 24VDV power supply and an output to provide loop power to another detector.
There are two inputs into the detector that can be used to reset and trigger a fault due to an air purge fault. Relays on the junction box are used to communicate pre-alarm, alarm and fault to the fire alarm control panel.
ViSM (VIS-IR Software Management)
Xtralis ViSM can be used to configure and monitor an installation in real time. It is easy-to-use and has been designed to provide the operator with complete control. The software allows you to set the detection ROI, different detection area settings, pre-alarm and alarm levels, colour scheme selection, logging and communication. While the detectors fully operate on their own, very useful diagnostic data can be collected from the detectors for further analysis.
The ViSM software provides real time temperature information of all monitored areas, giving alarms, pre-alarms and fault notifications in every created area in the software. Once an alarm or fault is detected, it will generate a relay output which can activate any fire protection device connected to the system.
- EMC EN61000-6-1 (2017)
- EMC EN61000-6-3 (2007) / A1 (2001) /AC (2012)
- EMC EN 50130-4 (2011) / A1 (2014)
- UNE-EN 62368-1:2014 + AC1:2015 + AC2:2015
- EN 62368-1:2014+AC:2015+AC:2017 + A11:2017
- IEC 62368-1:2014+COR1:2015+COR2015
- FCC Rules and Regulations CFR 47, Part 15
|IR Camera||Resolution: 384×288|
Accuracy: +/-2°C up to 100°C, +/-2%(100°C to 450°C)
Detection Temperature Range: -5°C to 450°C
NETD: <50 mK
Pixel Pitch: 17 µm
Frame Rate: 30 fps
F Number: F# 1.2
FOV & Lenses: 22ºx16º/17mm,42×31º/8,9mm, 88ºx65º /4,3mm
|Visual Camera||Hardware Resolution: 2592x19441920X1080 (H.264 )|
Image Sensor: 1/4″ colour CMOS QSXGA(5 megapixel)
Light Sensitivity in Lux: 0.1 Lux
|Signalling||Output Relays: 1 x Pre-Alarm, 1 x Alarm, 1 xFault (Failsafe)|
LEDs: Front status LED, Remote LED output
Inputs: 1 x Remote Reset, 1 x External Fault for Air Blade Failure (for future use)
|Settings||Regions of Interest: 4|
Detection Area Settings: Point, line, rectangle, circle, polygon
Temperature alarms/ROI: Minimum/maximum/ average temperature/ Rate of Rise (°/minute – freely programmable)
Detection:• Hotspot & cold spot• Pre-alarm, alarm• Alarm delays
Colour Palettes: Iron (yellow=hot, blue=cold), Iron hi (yellow=hot, dark red=cold), Rainbow, Gray (black=cold), Gray (white=cold), Alarm red, Alarm blue, Alarm green, etc.
|Analytics||Vehicle Discrimination, Camera Covered Fault|
|Supply Voltage||Supply Voltage: 24 VDC nominal|
Power over Ethernet: IEE 802.3at / 802.3afType 2
|Environmental||IP Rating: IP66|
Operating Temperature: -30°C to 60°C(-22°F to 140 °F)
Relative Humidity: < 90% non-condensing
Weight: 1.75 kg
|Communication||Micro SD Card Slot: Up to 256 GB (notincluded)|
Ethernet to Computer Management Software
|Security||Signed firmware, digest authentication,password protection, secure boot, TLSencryption|
Spot Size Ratio Calculator & User Guide
- VIS-IR Thermography Detection Camera Spot Size Ratio Calculator
- VIS-IR Thermography Detection Camera Spot Size Ratio Calculator User Guide
Eurofyre is an authorised distributor of Honeywell and has been a major technical wholesaler of Xtralis products since 2007. We offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection systems including excellent before and after-sale support.
Contact us to receive competitive trade discounts or apply online for a credit account.