- Less prone to blockage due to icing
- Eliminates the need for using expensive HDPE pipe
- Eliminates the need for heat tracing
- Minimises the need for “Back Flush” systems
- Reduces maintenance costs
The Xtralis Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit provides a standardised method of smoke sampling for refrigerated storage facilities. It allows simplified installation with reduced maintenance and, therefore, delivers a more reliable and hassle free solution for refrigerated storage facilities.
This kit has been designed to replace standard cone shaped nozzles to reduce direct ice blockage of the sampling points. The VESDA Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit is recommended for use in areas where higher humidity is likely to occur as a result of vehicle and pedestrian traffic, such as areas close to doorways.
VESDA Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kits are treated as standard sampling points in the Xtralis aspirating system design in terms of system parameters.
Refrigerated storage facilities are typically unique and challenging environments when it comes to smoke detection. They have varying low temperatures and frequent traffic from workers on picking machinery and, while they usually have some sort of fast acting automatic doors or plastic barrier curtains to limit warm air entering the room, it is inevitable that some will get through.
This warm air ingress creates condensation within the temperature controlled area and causes icing. This ice usually forms on ceiling mounted equipment and structures in close proximity to the entry points. Over time, this can cause ASD sampling points and pipe to become blocked and cause airflow issues.
The maintenance required to fix this problem can be costly and time consuming. In some instances, replacing the block section of pipe is the simplest solution.
The Xtralis Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit provides a solution to this problem by replacing standard, cone-shaped nozzles with ones that are not affected by icing.
The Xtralis Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit is designed to reduce direct ice blockage of ASD sampling points and has been developed to replace standard cone-shaped sampling nozzles installed at the ceiling. It is designed for use in areas where higher humidity is common, such as where there is increased volumes of vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
The kit should be treated the same as a standard sampling hole in the VESDA system design with regards to sampling hole location, hole size, transport time and sampling hole sensitivity.
This kit can be installed in the entire facility or combined with standard sampling points if required and is compatible with all large bore Xtralis detectors.
The Xtralis Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit:
- Enables the ASD pipe to be installed, inspected and maintained outside the refrigerated storage facility.
- Eliminates the need for using expensive HDPE (high density polyethylene) pipe inside the refrigerated storage facility.
- Eliminates the on-going need for access with costly high lifting equipment hire for service/maintenance.
- Eliminates the need for heat tracing.
- Is less prone to blockage caused by icing.
- Provides a generally more robust ASD installation for these refrigerated storage facilities.
- Provides considerably improved aesthetics.
- Minimises the need for “Back Flush” systems.
- Offers all round cost savings.
- VESDA Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit Datasheet
- VESDA Refrigerated Storage Sampling Kit Application Note