Addressable fire alarm systems are made up of a series of detectors and devices, each of which is assigned an address that allows the exact location of a fire event to be quickly identified. There are many advantages to using an addressable fire alarm system:
- You can quickly determine the location of a fire
- Specific actions can be specified by the user using cause and effect programming
- Reduced likelihood and better handling of false alarms
- Increased reliability
- The ability to monitor the integrity of the building with detector health checks
Addressable fire alarm systems have been the detection choice for larger applications for many years, typically being more cost-effective and reliable than conventional systems with the added advantage of more accurately pinpointing the location of a fire.
With the introduction of hybrid fire detection systems, addressable fire detection has become more cost-effective and accessible than ever before. Hybrid technology allows hardwired and wireless detection systems to work together as part of one complete system. This means that where the installation of wired devices is impractical, wireless devices can be deployed instead.
The Benefits of Hybrid Fire Detection
There are many benefits to hybrid fire detection. These include:
- Speed of Installation
- As there is very little cabling required for wireless integration, installation is much quicker – it is easier to install and causes much less disruption to the building and it’s operation.
- Preservation of Aesthetics
- Wireless devices can be installed without running new cables. This means that walls, ceilings and floors can remain untouched and the aesthetics of the property can remain intact.
- Completely wireless systems can be very expensive and unreliable. This makes them unsuitable for permanent installations. However, a hybrid system that uses both hard wired and wireless devices means the system is not entirely dependent on wireless technology and can be deployed to save costs and increase reliability.
- Using hybrid technology allows existing hardwired systems to be upgraded or expanded using wireless devices. This means that no additional cabling is needed and thus limits damage to the property, speeds up installation and reduces operational downtime.
Combining Wi-Fyre with SmartConnect Addressable Fire Alarm Systems
Wi-Fyre is Eurofyre’s own hybrid wireless fire detection solution. The Wi-Fyre brand includes a range of detectors, sounders, manual call points and input/output devices that can all connect wirelessly to any new or existing hardwired fire alarm system.
Wi-Fyre has seven modes of operation making it compatible with a huge range of fire detection systems, including SmartConnect addressable fire alarm systems.
When using Wi-Fyre with SmartConnect, you can create a fully addressable fire detection solution (with up to 250 addresses per panel) that comprises both hardwired and wireless devices.
Wi-Fyre Wireless Fire Detection
At the heart of the Wi-Fyre hybrid detection system is the Wi-Fyre wireless transponder. This transponder is installed into the fire alarm systems wiring via a compatible interface module and is used to communicate with Wi-Fyre wireless devices.
Wi-Fyre transponders are loop powered and can each communicate with up to thirty Wi-Fyre wireless devices such as manual call points, sounders, detectors and I/O devices.
A Wi-Fyre survey kit is available to buy or hire and must be used to ensure that the signal between each transponder and its connected devices is strong enough for the system to operate effectively.
SmartConnect Addressable Fire Detection
SmartConnect fire alarm panels deliver fully featured, single-loop, addressable fire alarm detection with a user-friendly 4.3 inch touchscreen display and remote monitoring via the cloud using a desktop PC or Smartphone with up to eight, password protected users.
Housed in a stylish, modern, flame retardant ABS enclosure, SmartConnect fire alarm control panels have a fully removable front cover to improve ease of access for cable installation. They use a switch mode power supply and up to sixteen panels can be networked (pier to pier) without the need for additional network cards. SmartConnect panels use a single addressable loop and each SmartConnect panel can provide up to 250 addresses.
These panels are easy to use and configure and cause and effect programming can be carried out via the front panel or connected PC.
When using Wi-Fyre with SmartConnect you create a fire alarm system that combines wireless and hardwired technology to provide a truly cost-effective, reliable and fully addressable hybrid fire alarm solution.
Why Choose Eurofyre?
- Complete System Supplier
- Eurofyre is a complete system supplier. This means we can offer expert advice and supply all aspects of fire detection including addressable fire alarm control panels and hybrid fire detection systems.
- Demonstration and Training
- We have a sophisticated training facility where we offer demonstrations and expert training on a range of systems, including SmartConnect and Wi-Fyre systems.
- After-Sales Support
- Eurofyre prides itself on providing after-sales care and support that is second to none. We offer both on-site and telephone assistance to help you ensure that your system is fully operational and working at its best.
For more information about SmartConnect or Wi-Fyre, or to discuss any of the other products that Eurofyre have to offer,